Indigenous Services Australia (ISA) is based in Perth, Western Australia (WA) and was established in 2006. It is a 100% Aboriginal owned and directed company providing consulting and training services to major corporate and community entities across Australia.
ISA designs and delivers high quality, holistic engagement programs that can be tailored to the specific needs of each individual client recognising that one program does not fit all and that our clients are unique in their requirements.
ISA can present at any location suitable to the client. We are happy to travel to any location in Australia (depending on the current COVID-19 regulations) but please note that regional/interstate locations will incur additional travel/fuel costs, meals and accommodation.
Live-streamed Virtual Presentations are now an option.
Tony Shaw is the owner and Managing Director of ISA. Born on a reserve in Laverton, Western Australia, he is a Wongutha person and a child of the Stolen Generation; he was taken from his mother at an early age and raised in 16 institutions before the age of 14. Tony was raised “white” and forbidden to speak his native language or uphold any cultural beliefs, so when he was finally allowed to return to his family and his home, he was faced with so many challenges and found it difficult to feel like he belonged. This resulted in despair and depression, until eventually he sought the help of his Elders to teach him the language and ways of the Wongai people. Having inherited the fighting spirit of his mother, to whom he dedicates his work, he has embraced his culture and language, which is at the very core of his being.
Tony’s achievements include:
• Founder of the Tjuma Australia Indigenous Speakers Bureau.
• Manager, Producer and Director of the 2015 Australia Day Survival celebration
• Secured the FMG sponsorship for Hockey Australia
• Integral team member of the successful Gold Road Resources negotiation team for mine access to Gruyere worth $1.2b
• Integral team member of the successful Audalia Resources $34m Medcalf Project
• Successfully negotiated the Nova Nickel mine access worth $1.1b
• For Cathy Freeman, brokers one of the largest sporting sponsorships offered in Australia
• Founder of the Goodwill Games
• Founder of the FEEL Speaker’s Program